I am soooooooo excited about bundle dyeing!!! It's almost my favorite time of year and I can't wait to start bundle dyeing with some rusty colors and deep fall tones. I needed new inspiration and I'm happy to say I've found it! Here are a few photos of my first bundle dyeing experiment using cochineal, turmeric and foraged flowers, branches and leaves :)
First I laid out my materials on cotton. I was going for an abstract look so I wasn't very careful.
Then I rolled up everything (I didn't use a stick or pole, I just rolled it on itself) and tied it all up with twine.
And then I steamed it all for about 2 hours, it already looked beautiful!
ANDDDDDD...... The finished product! I just sewed it into a pillow yesterday! Once I get an insert I will share a picture :)